Bomb Group

380th Bomb Group Association
World War II Veterans Group

Newsletter #57 - March 2015


For those of you doing research on WWII veterans, here's a couple of resources:

Requesting military personnel records? Check out the National Archives at: Military Personnel Records, 9700 Page Ave., St. Louis, MO, 63132-5100 USA (their website is: http://vetrecs.archives.gov, where you can request records online). You will need to include certain information in the request, such as Social Sec # or the vet's service Serial Number, dates of service, and other info (which is listed on the website). You may have to ask more than once (some records were lost in flooding or a fire) - others in our group have said that they've had to ask two or three times for info before they actually got what they were seeking.

If you're looking for information on a particular mission accident report, check out: Accident-Report.com (Note that there is a charge for their reports.) Accident Reports, 1322 West Main Street, Millville, New Jersey 08332 USA

Accident Reports is also looking for AAF pilot training documents. They offer discounts for scans of certain World War II-era AAF pilot training documents and orders, especially those containing lists of names.

Return to Newsletter #57 Topics page

Last updated:    19 March 2015